Awww, sweet boy, I am sorry to tell you that you experienced your first death this week. Our Riggerbeast was hit and killed on Saturday. I am sorry now that you didn't get to play with him more. Dang dog was just too hyper to put you two together for long. He loved you, was so curious and protective of you, but he was also pretty oblivious of how to act around babies. And that tail of his was wild! One whack and you'd be bruised, if you didn't drown of his kisses first! He really was a good ol' boy. We will miss that beast.
I am pretty sure that your 9 month book will be all about Rigby and Sadie. Sadie is so lost without her brother. She searches the house for him. She has spent a lot more time inside with us and a lot more time with you. She seems to have taken on Rigby's role of protector. Yesterday morning, I was getting you changed and bumped my eye pretty bad on your dresser drawer and though I had hollered at daddy to come sit with you, Sadiebaby ran to your side and sat watching over you. So sweet. She wants so badly to play with you and make you her new playmate, but she doesn't know what to do. She knows she has to be gentler with you than she ever was with Rigby. Those two could rough house and tear up a house!Awww, baby, momma's heart is so heavy with sadness for Rigby. I know you sense it too- you cry when I cry and beg for more cuddles. Thank you for being there for me, baby. Know that I will always be there for you too.
I love you, my handsome Hudson!
~Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment