Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Poor kiddo, you are getting your molars and are absolutely miserable. Also, you have perfected the two-year-old tantrum. WHAT?!?? But you are still absolutely adorable. Your little voice just makes daddy and me giggle. We love when you babble away. Sometimes, you are telling us some kind of comic book version of our adventures, complete with "bang, POW, chi-kunk!" sound effects. I am certain that you are always the hero of the story, just like real life. Other times, you do this sweet "mommy, mommy, mommy, yummy, mommy" repetition. You are saying mommy all the time now... except, of course, when I get out my phone or camera to record it. The other night, with your miserable molars, you kept mommy awake from 2-5am. You would fall asleep so perfectly when laying on me, but the moment your body touched the crib, you would wake and scream. Finally, I just let you scream for a bit while I rubbed your head and "shhh"ed you. Which worked for awhile. Then, your little hand clasped around mine and I was stuck. Awestruck too, as I realized, for the first time in a long time, how teeny you still are. You do still need me. You are still just a baby. You just seemed so tiny and fragile. When my hand worked itself loose and you hollered, I brought you into bed with daddy and me. You fell asleep so beautifully literally on top of me. Of course, when I awoke, you were sprawled all over. I just wish there was more that I could do. I feel so helpless knowing you hurt so much. And it scares me to know that one day I won't be able to just pick you up and have that be all you really need.

I love you, Handsome Hudson!

~mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment