Your milestones for this month mark include:
- lots of chattering! You've always been fairly vocal, but lately, you are a chatterbox! You have full on gibberish conversations with us (or your toys, or anything, really) and if we turn away from you while you are on a roll, you squeal, as if to say "I AM NOT FINISHED!" So silly.
- laughter! Your little laugh is more prominent now, and is not random anymore but as a response to something you find amusing. I love to lay you on the ground and hang my hair over you just to hear your giggles!
- lights! You LOVE Christmas lights, especially the ones draped all the way around our living room. You look into that room with expectation if they are not lit. When we do turn them on, we can set you on a blanket and you will "ooh" and "ahh" for an hour. Daddy and I love to just lay there with you and listen to your stories about the lights.
- fists! Lately, you love to put your arms straight out in front of you (usually one at a time) and ball your hand into a fist and just stare at it as if realizing how much power you truly hold in that little hand of yours. You certainly control daddy and I with that bitty hand of yours!
- drool! If you aren't staring at your fist, you're probably gnawing on it. You shove it so far down your throat you sometimes choke yourself, silly. You are always drooling. I don't feel teeth budding yet, but I know we're getting there.
- recognition! You've recognized me for a long time now, but now you recognize daddy, grandma, grandpa and Weezie. You hear those voices and you turn to find them, and then you greet them with a smile.
- toys! I mentioned last month that you love your turkey, but now we always pack a toy of sorts to take with us. It's so fun to be able to entertain you with a toy! You have a Charlie Brown "doll" that plays the Charlie Brown theme, a Santa Bear, a shakey cow, etc. You have toys galore, kiddo!
- sitting up! We've been using the bumbo seat to let you sit up more often. You look so big in it! We've taken it out to car club stuff with us so that you can be right in the middle of the action.
- more standing! You love, love, love to stand up. You will hold our hands and pull yourself up, then you'll take a little break and do it again. You're good at going from sitting to standing back to sitting again, (while holding our hands, of course!)
- bouncing! You are a mover. You love mommy (or anyone, mommy's just really good at it) to bounce you, move you, wiggle you, jiggle you. At club meetings or other things where people are sitting, you and I are dancing around the room. You do not get motion sickness, thank goodness. I think you are gonna like all those scary rides at Lagoon, lucky daddy!
- soooooo much personality! You are a ball of joy and happiness! Seriously the happiest baby I know. Like I said before, you are vocal about what you want, (wonder where you got that from? ;) you love to move and stand and go, and you are just full of smiles and laughs. But you can also be so chill and relaxed. You love watching your lights and can do so so serenely. We can leave you in your bassinet and let you play yourself to sleep. The other night, at 4 in the morning, daddy and I lay in bed just listening to you play with your hangy toys. You were "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing so sweetly, then you'd get so excited you'd squeal or kick.
- excitement! You show so much excitement! I love when you get giddy! Your whole little body kind of quivers, and you let out the most adorable squeal, accompanied, of course, by your killer smile.
- television. I know, I know, I know! I always said I didn't want my baby watching television, but it is so cute to see you so focused on something! I can be holding you and rocking you and you just turn your whole head to follow the TV. But I am realizing a lot of what we watch is not baby-appropriate. Gotta save the CSI-like shows for after bedtime! Don't want your tender eyes to see all that gore and ugliness!!
P.S. Your 4 month check up is Friday. I am so excited to see how much you've grown, and have the doctor tell me once again how perfect you are, but I am sad to see you suffer through your shots again. Please love me anyways, and know that we are just doing what is best for you!
~mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment