If you're not walking, you're crawling. If you're not crawling, you're climbing. If you're not climbing, crawling or walking, you're fighting sleep by doing a sleepy eyes-closed version of all of the above, dragging your heavy head around on the floor and screaming a not-so-sleepy powerful scream. I don't understand how you can lay so completely still sometimes, head down, but still sound so awake! I think you may have sleep ADHD. You are so adamant about not falling asleep or staying asleep once you do. You must think we have these extravagant parties when you close your eyes. I promise you kiddo, you aren't missing anything. If you're eyes are closed, most likely mine are too. Or, on rare occasions, I might actually get something done- again, you are not missing anything. So rest, silly sleepy boy. We will play when you wake, I promise. You are my fun, thus fun doesn't happen without you. (sometimes to daddy's dismay)
I wonder sometimes if I am creating, or at the very least, enabling ADHD behavior in you. I want to create memories every moment I am with you. I am so grateful to have you in my life and am all too aware that time is not nearly long enough and memories are the only way to hold on to time that I am always wanting to be "doing" something with you. I worry that I am not letting you be independent enough or letting you entertain yourself often enough. I worry that we jump from one thing to the next so much that I am training your brain to expect these changes. Oh well, I suppose there are worse worries to have.
I love you baby boy, love momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment