Monday, June 23, 2014

The "Lie-n" Attack

Little boy, your little imagination is getting pretty creative lately. One of my favorite things to do is to watch you play by yourself. You act things out, make sound effects, etc. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. But heaven forbid I pull out a camera to record- you always catch me!

Last weekend, we were at a car show and you fell over some speaker cords and scraped your elbow. Later that day, you pointed to your elbow and said it hurt because "yi-on did it" (Lion did it.) And you have stuck to that story since. Anytime you show your elbow owie to someone, you tell them "yi-on bite me." So, at least you are consistent. Since then, you somehow got another owie on your leg, and while I did not see this one happen, I am quite certain that it was not "car run me over." But again, that is your story and you are sticking to it.

At nighttime, you hear animal noises. Usually it's wolves first. Then maybe horses ("neighs") or chickens. I believe chickens, since we have one in the backyard, and horses at the neighbors... but there aren't many wolves in our neighborhood. And sometimes you act absolutely terrified of these sounds. Shiver, shake and cry. So you sleep with your big headphones on. We've talked about dreams- "pictures and sounds in your head" and how you are the boss of them and can change them.

I love that you have an active imagination! But I do hope your lies stay innocent and that your dreams just get bigger. I love you sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment