Wednesday, August 6, 2014

3 years old??!

Little man, I cannot believe that you are going to be 3 years old in a couple weeks! I don't know how it is possible, but I love you more today than I did the day you were born. And in a couple weeks, I'm gonna love you even more. I don't know how that happens.

You are just so much fun. You tell us stories about being attacked by lions, mice and rabbits. Or run over by cars. You think anyone with a hotrod is a friend. And you love all your hotrod friends. When you see Grandma Weezie or Pat, you run up and ask them "you got me sumphin?" because, usually they do. But you are NOT spoiled. Just very, very, very loved.

Your big news is that you are potty-trained!!! YAY You!! We are so proud of you!! It only cost us about a hundred or more Hotwheels...

You can also count to 10. Sometimes. When you want to anyways. It's funny- one day I told you you couldn't have the blanket because we were almost to the store. You threw one of your famous 2-year-old tantrums (get 'em out, kiddo, you only got 2 more weeks left...), so I said "well, let's count. If we get to 10 before we get to the store, you can have it. But you have to help." And so we counted. If you're reading this, you are old enough to know this bit... I may have drug it out a little to make sure you didn't get the blanket before we went in. But you did count all the way to 10. And since then, whenever you want your blanket in the car and I say no, you start counting. I guess you deserve it if you're willing to work for it.

One more quick thing before I go- You are a sheep-ridin' cowboy! You did mutton-busting at the West Haven Days rodeo and were sooooo brave! You got nervous when you first sat on the sheep, but after some sitting and visiting, you had a blast and got up from the fall with a huge smile on your face exclaiming "I rode it!"





Anyways, there are about a hundred cute things you say and do that I could go on and on about, but I think I better wrap it up. I am starting my teaching job next week and don't know how long it will be between posts on here, so I'm just gonna remind you that I LOVE YOU. LOTS and LOTS. And ALWAYS WILL. NO MATTER WHAT. If you don't hear from me on here for awhile it's because I am working hard and playing hard doing what I love and you are enjoying me more because of how happy and fun I am now that I do what I love.

~mommy~

No comments:

Post a Comment