One of your mama's favorite shows is How I Met Your Mother. I love watching this group of 5 friends live their separate lives, but come together to share those lives. Lately, I've been able to relate with 2 of those friends really well, Marshall and Lily. In the show, they have a new baby and have pulled away from their friends. Not because they want to, and not because their friends have abandoned them, but merely because it's what happens. Been there, am there. One of the lines from the show last night went something like this: "a baby isn't just the most important thing in your life, it's the only important thing." It's harsh, and their friends were obviously hurt, but I can completely relate. And without regrets. YOU, sweet boy, are my whole world. Even your wonderfully daddy who I love and cherish is nothing in comparison to you. I would do anything and everything for you or because of you and love you unconditionally. For everyone else, there are conditions and expectations. Those conditions and expectations most often include including you in our plans, or at the very least in our discussions. I don't want to get a babysitter and spend a few hours away from you, and even if I do, I feel like I should spend that time with just your daddy since we don't get that couple time anymore either. But really, I just hate leaving you anymore than the time it takes for me to work. And I only do that so I can love, spoil and play that much more with you. You are growing like a weed and learning so much every day. I hate to miss any of that. I've been lucky thusfar to have been around for your firsts- your first crawl, your first steps, etc- but there are so many more and I hate to think that I might miss it for a little fun with friends. It's just not worth it to me. So, the time I spend with friends, is also spent with you. Because not only do I want them to see everything I brag about, but I also want you to get to know our friends and love them like we do. Your mama has changed since becoming "mama," and I've definitely forfeited some of the things I used to enjoy, but only for the greater good of having you. You are worth that, and soooo much more.
Tonight, we are going out with our car club friends to Black Island Farms. It should be a lot of fun. There are corn mazes, animals, slides and a pumpkin patch! I have always loved doing these sorts of things, but they are 100% more fun with you! Last year, daddy and I went with the car club and left you with Grandma. I remember having a good time, but missing you immensely and thinking about how much better it would be with you- now I get to prove it!! Halloween is one of my favorite times of year and I am so excited to share all the fun things that go with it with you! Tonight is Black Island, Thursday is a trunk-or-treat cruise night, where we will, of course, be in costume, Saturday is a costume party with your 2nd cousins and next week is more trunk-or-treating- we will, obviously, be hitting as many of these as we possibly can- and Boo at the Zoo with cousins again!
We have been spending a lot of time with my cousins and their families and other friends with babies because it just makes me giddy to see you playing with other kids. You are so curious and outgoing, and a little bit aggressive. We joke about you being a bully, but I know you are just so excited to see other kids your size and want so badly to play with them. Last week, we went to a MyGym class with your buddy Jett and other babies 7 mo-22 mo. You were right in the middle age category, but I am pretty positive you were the most active, rambunctious, adventurous and confident kid there. No bias. You were also the smartest, most handsome one. Maybe a little bias. You ran around playing exactly the way you wanted to, no fear of falling or getting hurt. When another kid had something you wanted, you made it known that you wanted it. And you usually ended up with it. Maybe you are a bully, or maybe you're just exactly like your daddy who doesn't take no for an answer. Either way, I love it and really wouldn't change it for the world! Of course, I do try to get you to share, but in my head, I am thinking "those other kids need to learn how to be a bit more assertive..."
Anyways, goofy-goof, because I need to wrap this up, I'm just gonna remind you how much I love you and how amazing and wonderful you truly are,
love, mommy~
No comments:
Post a Comment