Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You just keep growing up!

I love that you love to read. Amidst all your toys scattered in my living room are a handful of books. You will pick them up and wander around with them. You will open them up and examine the pages. Sometimes, you will gnaw on a corner. But mostly, you read them and bring them to me to read them to you. If you pull out one of your color books, we will play the color game, finding other things that color. If, like yesterday, you want to read about the cement mixer truck 3 times, we will read the same book 3 times. At Grandma's yesterday, you wanted to see the Hudson's 1st Year Book that I made her. She kept saying no, not wanting your grimy little hands all over it. But after much persistence, she sat down and read it to you, pointing out people in the pictures, asking you to point them out and just reading. You loved it. It's exactly what you wanted. You love to read! I am so happy and hope that you keep this up. I love reading to you and love how you explore the pictures.

You go up and down the stairs at Grandma's all by yourself. To go down, you sit down on your bum and scoot. I am both relieved and sad that you mastered these so quickly. We've only had one scare, sometime last month before you were a pro, when you fell down about 5 stairs. Usually, when you get hurt or fall, I am so composed and wait for your reaction before I react, but my heart jumped out of my chest for this fall and I couldn't help but shriek. Of course, you reacted to my reaction rather than the fall. You were perfectly fine, just shaken by my cry. Don't do that to me, kiddo!

You love using forks and spoons. It's fun to watch you figure them out. You will stab the food with the fork, lift it up, then take the food off with your hands and eat it. You will take your sweet time digging the food onto the spoon and do the same thing, lifting it up towards your chest, then use your hands to scoop it out and put into your mouth.



I love how friendly and easy-going you are. You wave to everyone and everything. When we are out and about, you are adored by all because of your absolute cuteness! We love taking you new places and trying new things because you are so curious and excited about them.
waving to the Buffalo on the wall @ Maddox

Awww! You love your Uncle AJ, even if he doesn't know what to do with you.

Cool dude relaxing just like daddy.

Playing with Jett at MyGym



At Antelope Island with George


I LOVE that you still snuggle your mommy!!

Chillin' out and watching TV while momma gets ready for work

Playing at Black Island Farms

So far, you've worn 3 different Halloween costumes this year!
We plan to milk every holiday for everything we can-
attending all the Trunk-or-Treats, Easter Egg Hunts and Santa Clause's we can!

Hallo-Anniverthary party with "2nd" cousins Squeaker (Riley) and Paegan 

 Fingerpainting- Why NOT?

 Just hanging out outside



You want to help with EVERYTHING! You're a big kid now, so you think you should be doing all the things we grown-ups do. It's darling, but interesting enough, your helping usually means the task takes twice as long, plus the added cleanup time... hmmmm? Sure hope this work ethic sticks around and you're ready to take on chores in a few years!! That is the reason grown-ups have kids, you know that, right? ;)




















No comments:

Post a Comment