You are such a little reader! I LOVE IT! No joke, we spend at least half an hour a day reading, 2 minutes here, 10 minutes there, etc. Sometimes, you will bring a book and get disinterested in a minute, other times, we read that same book 4 times! Your favorite is the Tractor book, but you also love all your color books and that always leads us into a game of colors. You are so smart! You are learning your colors and sometimes surprise me by how much you know! You seem to know blue and green best. In your mommymade stories, you love pointing out people and things in the pictures- "where's daddy? where's Sadie? where's the tractor?" I love reading with you. But I also love watching daddy read with you. He isn't much of a reader himself, so seeing him take the time to do it with you, and so sweetly too, just makes my heart flutter. I love watching you look through the stories on your own. You seem to just soak up the images, thinking so intently about it.
You are also such a helper! You help me pick up the toys at Grandma's house. You help me stir dinner. You help put the PopTart in the toaster. You help sweep, mop, vacuum. One of our favorites is to have you put daddy's shoes away. You drag it over to the fence by the fireplace, and if it's one of his big boots, you will look to us for help putting it over the fence, otherwise, you just toss it over and run for the match.
You are just so smart and eager to learn!
I love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment