Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Workin' mama

Going into this mommy thing, I never even thought about being a stay-at-home mommy. Not even a thought. I knew I wanted to be a teacher, knew I wanted to work, knew that I was not a SAH kind of person. I also knew that we would never be able to afford a choice like this. But because I wanted to work, it wasn't a worry at all.

And then I had you. And I wanted to be with you ALL THE TIME. Especially after two glorious months of "just us." I have been back to work now for just over a year, (October 26, 2011), back to the daily grind of a job I dislike. And while I have hard days and want to be with you, and even though I know it would be different if I was doing something I love, and even though I LOVE my days off with you, I have to admit that I like being a working mama. I like that when I leave, you wave goodbye (if you aren't too busy watching The Cat in the Hat...) I like that I can call in the middle of the day and you will smile and coo at my voice, searching for me. And I LOVE that when I pull in the driveway, you are waiting and ready for mommy. I LOVE that little run you do right into my arms! I love how you just melt into me and are often just ready to go home. That hug and smile makes everything worth it! I love that if I don't come right inside and you know my car is there, you run from door to door, pouting and waiting anxiously. I love that get a chance to miss me, and I even love that I get a chance to miss you. It makes our time together that much more special.

For instance, yesterday. A Monday when I should be at work and you should be at Grandma's. Yesterday, I got to stay home with you. But we were way too busy to "stay home." We got up early (well, we didn't sleep in... 'cuz you don't when you're a mommy) and ran errands. Then we visited with Lacey and Oaklee. Then, we went swimming. Daddy and I try to take you swimming enough that you don't forget about how much fun it is, but dang it, we haven't gone in a few months. So we went, and you quickly remembered how much fun it is! The water and air was a little colder than normal, and though you shivered more than normal, you didn't smile any less! It was nice taking you alone, in the middle of a work/school day. There were only two other people in the leisure pool the whole time we were there, and lessons on the other side. Plus, I didn't have to share you with daddy! You know what I mean- he always steals you away for the FUN stuff. This time, I got all the giggles and smiles! After swimming, we went to the Treehouse Museum with Lacey and Oaklee. We had so much fun! There was so much for you to do and kids and toys everywhere!
of course you loved the dinosaurs!

officer Hudson



you and Oaklee










cowboy Hudson

my li'l reader

you weren't entirely thrilled with story time, but the singing and dancing was kind of fun...

such a busy day! you fell asleep eating lunch 

When daddy got home from work, we wrapped up our awesome day at the Safe Harbor Evergreens charity, where you did a little bit of coloring with car club friend Pat Bryker and her granddaughters.




Such a fun day!! And while I am at work today, I am remembering all the fun we can have because I work. Because I bring in some extra play money. Because we want to be together and have fun every minute we are together. I love you, Hudson Michael Beck, thank you for a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment