Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fighting over you

Just a silly little thing, daddy and I literally fought over you the other day. I think I may have mentioned that you are a bit of a mamma's boy? Yeah, well, when it comes to fun or being out and about, your daddy just has to be the baby watcher. Whether it's a store, a car show, swim lessons or anywhere we can show you off, daddy takes control, often, whether realizing it or not, navigating you completely away from me. I can understand why he wants this time, but it really truly isn't fair. YES, you do always want mamma. And, yeah, it's pretty endearing. But there are also times when it would be nice if you wanted daddy too, like when I'm eating. Or doing my hair. Or needing to take a bath. But I am not doing anything extraordinary to get you to want to be with me either. But I am working damn hard to be a good mommy, and you can obviously see that. So, I deserve some of this fun time too. So, I am sorry if you heard us fight. But I am not sorry that we have such an amazing thing to fight over. We both just love you so very very much and want to spend as much time as we can with you.

~mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment