A couple days a week, right around 2:00 am, (today it was 1:30), a sad cry comes over the baby monitor, sometimes even a sweet "mommy?" Always, a big part of me wants to switch off the monitor, roll over and go back to sleep and let you cry it out. I know you are ok. I know what you want.
And that is what gets me out of bed. You just want your mommy. And your 2 am cuddles. And the big picture is that that is what I want too. It's worth it to drag my sleepy body out of bed just to get to hold you and feel the pure love that you have to give at 2 am.
I love that you know that I am there at 2 am waiting for you, arms open. I hope you know that that will always be true.
love,
mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment