- At dinner last week, you threw up at the restaurant, I think from over-eating and excitement, after I got you cleaned up and changed, I handed you off to daddy so I could clean up the floor and chair. As I bent down to clean up the floor you sadly said "No! Mommy, don't go!" with the sweetest little pout as you reached out for my hand. Of course I had to clean up with one hand while the other held yours.
- This morning we tried something new for breakfast, mini frozen pancakes. As I was going to warm them up, you said "What is 'at?" clear as day.
- At lunch with me, Grandma and Grandpa last week for my birthday, your hands were messy and you stuck them out to me and said "something-something Mess."
- When you want a Go-Go Squeeze apple sauce treat, you come to daddy or I and say "juicie," grab our hands, drag us to the kitchen and point at the cupboard.
- You have been fascinated by Grandpa's boat for months now, and most mornings when we get to their house, you point and say "Boat!" I cannot wait for 2 weeks from today when we are in Lake Powell- you are going to have a blast!!!
- At a car show last week, you saw a bee inside one of the cars and squealed "Bee!" Sometimes at Grandma's you will do this and add a "bzzz"
- Now you not only point to your nose, mouth, eyes, ears, hair, teeth and tongue, but actually point to (grab, pull and yank on) them (on you or us or animals) and say the words.
- Daddy and I wonder if we heard you right the other day... Hudson Michael Beck, did you say "son of a bitch??!!" If so, thankfully, you did not use it in the right context, what with your cheerful chattering and giggling around it.
- You are really good at animal noises now, you know that the cow goes moo, the dog goes woof, the cat goes meow, the chicken goes bawk, the duck goes "wack," birds go peep peep, dinosaurs go rawr and sheep go baa.
- You say "baby" or "bab-eya" all the time now as we are trying to prep you for your new baby brother or sister. It's darling when you point to mommy's belly and say it. It's also darn cute when you get confused and think maybe daddy or grandma has the baby. Or when you pat yourself as if to say "I am the baby." When we find out if it's a boy or girl (hopefully next Wednesday!!) we will start working on either "boy" or "girl" or maybe even "Lincoln" or "Bentley."
- I've heard you say your name one time, with the sweetest little lilt "Hu-dson." We are working on this one.
- You love Grandma's "beads" and even sometimes tell us they are "be-u-ful."
- But daddy and my favorites are always "daddy!" and "mommy!" We just gush when you call to us. Sometimes you will say "daddy-o" You call grandma "ma'am-y"
Love, mommy~
No comments:
Post a Comment