Mommy's a slacker! I can't believe it's been so long since I wrote to you! I guess I was hoping you'd surprise me by giving me a sign that you're really here. Still nothing.
So far, 2010 has been good. January was quiet. Daddy's the activities director for the car club, so we decided to go bowling, mini golfing and lazer tag. There were about 20 of us and we had a blast! We've also been out to dinner with friends and family a lot. Everywhere I go I am so much more aware of babies and pregnant ladies. I want that so bad!!
Tonight we are going to a fun play in Salt Lake with our friends Mike E and Megan and Kyle and Alex. I'm very excited! We bought tickets way back in October.
So, baby Beck, I am ready for you now. I'm even ready to tell the grandmas and grandpas. I decided a long time ago that I want books to be a big part of your life. I want to spend quality time with you, reading. And I hope your grandparents will too. To encourage this, I bought a couple of books to start 'em off. I want to give them these books when I announce that I'm pregnant.
For the grandmas I got I loved You Before You Were Born by Anne Bowen and Mercer Mayer's Just Grandma and Me. For the grandpas I got I Already Know I Love You by Billy Crystal and Mercer Mayer's Just Grandpa and Me.
I love the heartfelt messages in the first ones and can imagine your grandma and grandpa Perkins reading them to you, changing the story to fit your life. And Grandma Perkins always read the Little Critter books with me. I also got a book for your daddy. He's not much of a reader, but I think he'd do it for you. He'll do anything for you! His book is called I Can't Wait To Meet My Daddy by Kathleen Blease.
I love you baby. Let me know you're here so I can start reading! xo, mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment