YAY!!
So, we did the intra-uterine insemination on Tuesday, January 4. At 9:30am, daddy provided his sample. For the next 2 hours, the lab cleaned and separated the sample. The results looked good! For motility (movement of sperm) they want to see 50% and daddy's had 54%, for total motile (total amount) they want to see 20, and daddy's was 95! After cleaning, they want 10 and we had 17.
At 11:30, I went in for the IUI. The first thing the nurse does is assure me that the sample she has is daddy's. I hadn't even thought of that!!! Phew! They explained that a picture ID accompanies the sample throughout the process and all paperwork and materials involved are clearly marked with a color-code system of tape. The actual procedure was a breeze. They insert a cathetar into the vagina and place the sperm at the top of the uterus, near the fallopian tubes, so that when the egg drops they are right there to fertilize it. By noon, I was on my way back to work, absolutely giddy and praying that we'd made a baby!
Ever since, every time I see daddy he asks "You pregnant yet?!" That night, I went to Gma and Gpa Perkins' house and told them "Yeah, I can't stay long. I'm busy... what with making a baby and all..." I just hope it's true!!
Well, kiddo, I gotta go... "busy," ya know!
~mommy
P.S. This is gonna be the longest 2 weeks EVER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment