HAPPY 1 MONTH!
That's right, Hudson... you are 1 month old today!! I'm sorry I haven't written in so long. I got kind of busy... I spend a lot of my time just cuddling you! I blogged about your birth and I will put it in here soon. Long story short though, you came 5 weeks, 1 day early. You spent 11 days in NICU learning to eat. Now you are home and you are perfect. Your birthday is August 19, 2011. You weighed 5 lb 11 oz and were 19.5 inches long. As of today, you are 7 lb 9 oz and 20 inches long. You have lots of hair that styles nicely into a mohawk. It was black at birth, but has faded to a light brown. Your eyes are blue, but not like daddy's. They are solid blue, and darker. You have my nose and beautiful lips. You are a sweet baby who is very loved... and you know it! I love being off work and at home with you. It hurts my heart to leave you. I've only left you alone with daddy twice, for less than an hour total, and once with Grandma P for half an hour. I dread going back to work. I worried you wouldn't know me... but I know better now. You know my touch and my voice. It calms you. So does musice, especially the Beatles. I sing to you. Not well, but I do. I always start with "Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise..." and feed into other Beatles songs like I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Across the Universe, I'm Looking Through You, etc. You really respond to it too. At the NICU, I would sing while I fed you, then, when you'd stop sucking, I'd do it again and you'd start back up. At home, I sing when you fuss in bed and you settle. After my singing, I will turn the music channel on and you just sit and listen. Sometimes I sing Yellow Submarine to you, in honor of your room which is slowly coming together. It will be worth the wait though! You like to sit with us while we paint the Octopus' Garden mural.
Anyways, I am gonna stop writing to you and actually go talk to and play with you.
Love you even more than I knew I could!!
~mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment