Friday, October 28, 2011

February 24, 2010

Baby Bugatti,
You've got your first nickname, kiddo! Bugatti... maybe Bug. Since I know you'll be named after cars (we like Hudson, Lincoln & Bricklin) I thought I'd give you a car name for while you're growing. Not that I know if you're growing yet...
Well, kid, you've got me "documenting" more than ever. I want you to know what daddy and I are like pre-baby. I'm taking pictures of daddy doing things around the house. And I started an online blog where I write about our life. (http://www.trulyclassic.blogspot.com)
But my innermost thoughts and feelings will still be done in this book just for you.
Like how adorable your daddy is when he admits wanting a baby. He still acts tough and says "Ew! No, I don't want one of those!" or "You sure?" when we're with friends or see a kid being naughty, but, to me, he'll point out cute kids, tell me about a baby he saw and express disappointment when he knows a parent is not being good to a child. I doubt he thinks about it as much as I do, (how could he?!), but he's excited to start our parenting journey. So what are you waiting for?! Do I need to start working on the nursery to prove it to you? I'm excited to do the nursery... it's the converting and cleaning of my stuff that's got me hesitant. Your room is gonna be done up in The Beatles Yellow Submarine! Unconventional, yes. You can thank Grandpa P for my Beatles obsession! Every year on my birthday, he blasted their Birthday song through the house to wake us up.


Well, Bugatti, let me know you're on your way and I'll set you up a room!!
I love you.
~mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment